Clauses 9: Requirements for traded products
This is the ninth BRCGS Global Standard Food Safety Issue 8 to 9 briefing sheet and in this briefing sheet we are going to look at the main changes to Clause 9 Requirements for traded products. To understand all the changes from issue 8 to 9 it is recommended you download the draft version of the standard issued on 6.12.2021 and read in conjunction with this briefing note.
We will also be issuing a briefing note when the standard is published on the 1st August comparing any amendments from the draft standard to the published standard.
The Briefing Note has been prepared by John Husband who is BRCGS Approved Principal Training Partner and has been delivering BRCGS training for totrain and on behalf of BRCGS for over 20 years.
Clause 9: Requirements for traded products
|Clause||Clause subject||Details of main changes|
|9||Statement of intent||Additional text added providing overview of what is meant by the term traded products.
Also additional requirement have been added to clause 9 covering:
– Where a site wishes to be audited against section 9 of the Standard, all of the food products and food raw materials traded must be included within the audit scope. It is not permitted to include some traded food products or food raw materials and exclude others.
– Non-conformities against clauses within section 9 of the Standard will be recorded on the audit report and included in the calculation of the site’s grade.
– Where a site has traded food products or food raw materials onsite but wishes them to be excluded from the scope of the audit, this will be recorded as an exclusion from scope on the audit report.
|9.1.1||HACCP plan||Additional requirement requiring sites to either:
– Have a HACCP or food safety plan specifically for the traded products handled onsite
– Incorporate the traded products into its existing HACCP or food safety plans (see section 2).
Also the scope of traded products HACCP or food safety plan shall include the products and the processes for which the site is responsible, as a minimum this will include goods receipt, storage and dispatch.
|9.6.1||Traceability||Additional requirements requiring the site’s traceability procedure (see clause 3.9.1) shall include details of the system used for the traceability of traded products.|
M: 0780 3136598